2010年7月11日 星期日

转载一首诗



My Wife, the Quilter
我的老婆,一个拼布人

She learned to quilt on Monday. Her Stitches were very fine.星期一,她学会了拼布。她的针法真是不错。

She forgot to thaw out dinner, so we went out dine.
但她忘了把我们的晚餐解冻,所以我们只好出门果腹。

She quilted miniatures Tuesday. She says they are a
must.
星期二,她开始做迷你拼布。她说这是少不得的步骤。

They really were quite lovely, but she forgot to dust.
迷你拼布真是可爱,但她却忘了打扫我们的房屋。

On Wednesday, it was a sampler. She says the stripling's fun.
星期三,要做样本拼布。她说弯曲压线技巧很有趣。

What highlights! Oh what shadows! But the laundry wasn't done.
好个凸显主题!好个阴影处理!但她却忘了洗衣服。

Her charm quilt was on Thursday. Green patches, blue and red.
星期四是魔法拼布。用的是绿色、蓝色和红色的布。

I guess she relly was engrossed, she never made the bed.
我想她真的是全心投入,因为她从不整理床铺。

It was wallhangings on Friday, in colors she adores.
星期五,是做壁饰的日子,用的是她喜欢的颜色。

But she never seemed to notice the crumbs on all the floors.
但她好像从没注意到地上的面包屑。

I found a maid on Saturday! My week is now complete.
星期六我终于找到一个帮佣!这一周终告完美。

My wife can quilt the hours away. The house will still be neat.
我的老婆可以一直做她的拼布。我们的房子也可常保整洁。

Well, it's already Sunday. I think I'm aboyt to wilt.
唉,星期天终于来临。我却欲哭无泪。

I cursed, I raved, I ranted---The MAID has learned to Quilt!
我诅咒,我漫骂,我咆哮---因为我们家的帮佣也学会了拼布!

1 則留言: