2009年12月21日 星期一

Winter delight - Glutinous Rice Ball.


This is the ready pack's type, always found something filled inside there. It's has three type; red bean, sesame and peanuts. If you have them in the hawker centre, they will ask you if you want to have the "Tou hua" as the base.

It's a season's delight, I mean in winter, used to be. But now, you can always see the ready pack in store everyday. I always feeling graving for this in winter, spring or when I'm upset. This is the best part when you lived in Singapore, you can always find this dessert in hawker centre. But here in Kuching, you can only find it in home, when the season arrived.


This is the sweet soup type, always with brown sugar now. The green colour is from "pandan", the orange colour is from the pumpkins, the red colour only we use the colouring powder. It's a fortune colour, can't skip that.

When I was small, my mom used to get up early in the morning to prepared this, so we can have it for breakfast. And it's always on the 3rd day before Christmas. This is a tradition.


This is with the chicken soup type, I like to have more vegetables in it. 

After married, I found myself cooking this type for my hubby. It's his tradition.
Even though, we were from the same country and speaking the same language but we still, however have our difference in something. He always ordered this once a year, but we always had three type of them.
There always something to give and taken in everything, I guess.
I love to learn something in his culture, in every culture, if possible.
After all this is what the life all about, live it and love it. ^-^
Merry Christmas !

沒有留言:

張貼留言